Our Confined Space Awareness training is ideal for those whose job involves working in poorly ventilated, confined spaces. It aims at raising awareness of the dangers associated with confined spaces and the practical steps that can be taken to minimise and control the risks that confined spaces present.
The course covers the main hazards, applicable legislation, risk assessment, risk reduction measures, how to safely enter and leave a confined space both horizontally and vertically and key responsibilities of the individual.
The theoretical aspect of the course is delivered in the classroom using visual aids, theoretical illustrations, practical demonstrations involving exercises to identify confined spaces, protect workers and deal with emergency situations.
After this one-day course staff will be able to:
- Gain a better understanding of safety and the risk assessment when working within confined spaces, keeping individuals and those around them safe
- Summarise the requirements of the confined space legislation and the associated ACOP
- Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space and carry out appropriate pre-checks
- Follow the procedures for entering a confined space using escape breathing apparatus and appropriate ancillary safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner
- Know what to do (and what not to do) in the event of an emergency
- Understand the atmospheric monitoring, deterioration and properties of gases
- Understand the role of standby personnel and emergency procedures
- Identify a confined space and its reasonable risks
- Select appropriate methods of risk control
The session is followed by a multiple-choice assessment, designed to test learners’ understanding of the course. A certificate will be issued after successful completion of the training course.
VIEW PRICES FOR COURSES