The First Aid at Work (Requalification) course is taught over two days. This course is suitable for current qualified first aiders wishing to update their skills and competencies as well as being informed of any change in practice and guidelines.
Our two-days First Aid at Work (Requalification) meets the requirements specified by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Delivered in a classroom setting, our FAW (Requalification) is the perfect blend of theoretical and practical sessions conducted by one of our instructors. The learner will be assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, quizzes and engaging activities designed to coach and support them.
The range of subjects that are covered are the same as the tree-days First Aid at Work, however, this course has been designed to update participants’ current awareness of the legislation and regulations, as well as existing knowledge and skills, therefore less time should be spent on each topic.
- Owing to the practical nature of this course a basic level of general fitness is required, delegates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline. Should you have any questions relating to the accessibility of this course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- It is important to remember that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a first aider in their workplace and that there are rules for attendance that needs to be observed as stated below which are not set by Care Learning & Development;
- A first aider can attend their First Aid at Work qualification if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date.
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, special considerations will be given on an individual bases and we will be requiring a signed letter from the employer or commissioning organisation, stating the reasons why in their opinion, the first aider is suitably experienced to attend a two days course and does not require a full three days First Aid at Work course.
- If the first aider has lapsed beyond 3 months, then they’ll have to attend a full 3-day First Aid at Work course.
A simulated competency assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by one of our trainers. On successful completion of this course, attendees will receive an accredited emergency First Aid at Work (Requalification) certificate which is valid for three years.
VIEW PRICES FOR COURSES