Under the law, it is an employer’s duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who might be affected by their business. Employers must provide key safety information to staff and they, in return, need to understand Health & Safety basics in their workplace and co-operate with employers and co-workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements. This Health & Safety Awareness course will deliver exactly that, and it will provide organisations with legal compliance.
Basic knowledge of health and safety is essential for all employees in all industries to ensure that workplace risks are recognised and managed effectively, therefore this course is suitable for any workers or as a refresher for current staff that required to update their knowledge and skills.
This course introduces the candidate to many aspects of the Health & Safety at Work and is intended to help raise safety standards and awareness. This includes an understanding of legal responsibilities, accident prevention and an overview of some of the key areas of workplace health and safety.
After this one-day course staff will be able to:
- Understand their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and those of their employer’s
- Understand the definition of a hazard and be able to identify common hazards in the workplace and at home
- Understand the definition of risk & how to control risk
- Know the 5 steps of risk assessment
- Understand the financial implications of incidents
The session is followed by a multiple-choice assessment, designed to test learners’ understanding of the course. A certificate will be issued after successful completion of the training course.
VIEW PRICES FOR COURSES