This 2/3 hours Moving & Handling of People Refresher course is suitable for all staff and carers who are involved with the safe handling of people; with and without the use of the equipment and who have already completed a full day Moving & Handling of People course and are due to a refresher.
This course has been designed to update participants’ current awareness of the legislation and regulations, risk assessment process and principles of moving and handling as well as existing knowledge and skills.
We also welcome anyone who has not been trained with Care Learning & Development before.
- Owing to the practical nature of this course a basic level of general fitness is required, delegates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline. Should you have any questions relating to the accessibility of this course please don’t hesitate to get in touch
- It is important to remember that there are rules for attendance that needs to be observed as stated below;
- An individual can attend their Moving & Handling of People Refresher qualification if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
- If the staff member has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, special considerations will be given on an individual bases and we will be requiring a signed letter from the employer or commissioning organisation, stating the reasons why in their opinion, the employee is suitably experienced to attend a half a day course and does not require a full day Moving & Handling of People course
- If the employee has lapsed beyond 3 months, then they’ll have to attend a full day Moving & Handling of People course
VIEW PRICES FOR COURSES