Our commitment to privacy
Protecting your personal information
Your personal data is protected by General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). You can find the details for the UK Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk/ or by accessing Care Learning & Development GDPR Statement at www.carelearninganddevelopment.com. As a registered data controller, we are required to take appropriate technical measures to protect your personal information including making a regular backup of our system and data. We have security measures in place to make sure any personal information we collect is secure. All parties with access to your information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Even though we take appropriate technical steps to protect your security, you should remember that data transmission over the internet cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure so you use the website at your own risk.
Purposes and Disclosures
We use your personal information to deal with your queries, to provide you with the services you request, to determine whether you are eligible for government funding (if available), customer feedback and for general statistics and research.
Depending on the preferences indicated by you:
- we may use your personal data to contact you about developments and offers.
- Care Learning & Development may disclose your personal data to your sponsor, if you are being sponsored by your employer or by a trade organisation or other group.
- we may disclose your information to certain government agencies in connection with the funding of your course
Following registration and enrolment, either in a Company Name Approved Centre or online, all of our approved service providers will have access to your name, date of birth, address, username, learner reference number and details of which Company Name courses you have enrolled on in the past.
You can request that:
- your details are not used for marketing purposes
- we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you
- we correct inaccuracies in your information
The information we collect during enquiries and bookings
When you register with us, you (or the person registering for you) must tell us:
- your full name
- email address
- your date of birth (security question)
- in which region of the UK you are based
- where you heard about us
We also ask for your company name, but you do not have to provide this information if you do not wish to.
You may also provide personal data through:
calls to us
letters and e-mails
customer feedback forms
We do not record calls. In general, if you contact us, we may keep a record of your query or complaint for a reasonable time in case you contact us again.
How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information:
- to answer your queries or complaints
- to deliver our services
- to carry out administration
- to seek your opinion of the course e service provided
- for general statistics and research
- for obtaining any relevant professional advice
- as may be required by law or in connection with legal proceedings (including where we intend to take legal proceedings), or as may be necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
Third parties and sponsors
If your employer, trade organisation or other group is sponsoring you, we may give the personal information we have collected to your sponsor to monitor your learning.
Requests for information
If you are making an enquiry or request for information, we will use your personal information to reply to your enquiry or request. We will not use this information for marketing purposes without your permission or unless you invite us to do so.
Keeping your personal data
We keep personal data:
- for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for
- as required by law; or
- to enforce or defend legal claims
You have the right to;
ask for a copy of all the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies
challenge the accuracy of data held about you
Get your details amended and updated, please phone or email us to request a change
take steps to prevent your personal data being processed if the processing is likely to cause you substantial damage or substantial distress which is unjustified. If you want to exercise this right you must put your objection in writing by emailing us, specifying why the processing has this effect and state what you require to do to avoid causing damage or distress to stop us from contacting you for marketing. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe from the mailing list or alternatively email us at email@example.com.
How to contact us
To obtain a copy of your personal data, to correct inaccuracies or if you have any queries or concerns about how we handle your personal data, please contact:
Care Learning & Development
Phone: 0141 2396004
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org